Through the Medavie Health Foundation Grants Program, we support targeted programs aligned with child and youth mental health, post-traumatic stress and type 2 diabetes. The program funds grassroots, community initiatives that demonstrate sustainability, broader community partnerships, the potential for replication, and that improve access to services in addressing physical and mental health care challenges related to our core causes.
Our grants program:
- No deadline to submit - we accept applications year-round
- No Letter of Inquiry process
- Multi-year funding requests will be considered (3-year maximum)
- All potential grantee organizations and their programs are reviewed by our Foundation
- Medavie may visit the grant recipient during the term of the grant
- Grant recipients are required to submit reports during the term of the grant. A final report is required within six months of project completion.
Are you eligible?
- We can only provide grants to registered charities and qualified organizations listed by Canada Revenue Agency that address one of our core health causes. This includes having annual financial statements audited in Canada. Take this quiz to help determine your project’s eligibility and fit with Medavie's focus and strategic priorities, and if you’re prepared to apply. We also suggest you read our Guidelines and FAQs.
The number of requests for support may exceed our Foundation's available funding. We encourage you to complete the below questionnaire to see if you qualify for our grants program.
You answered no to one or more of these questions, so it is likely your program is not a fit with our grants program.
It appears as though you are a fit for our program—we invite you to download our application form. Please note that answering yes to all of the questions and meeting our criteria does not guarantee grants funding, as the number of applications we receive may exceed our funding capacity. Once completed, please e-mail your application and supporting documents to: MHF@medaviehealthfoundation.ca (applications are accepted year-round).